|• "Mohini Theevu" is a Tamil novel written by Kalki Krishnamurthy, one of the most celebrated writers of Tamil literature. The title of the book translates to "The Enchanted Island" in English.
• The novel is set in the early 20th century and tells the story of Ravi, a young man who discovers a mysterious island while on a fishing trip with his friends. The island, known as Mohini Theevu, is said to be home to a beautiful sorceress who possesses magical powers.
• Ravi is intrigued by the legend of the sorceress and decides to investigate further. He discovers that the sorceress, Mohini, is not just a myth, but a real person who has been living on the island for centuries. Mohini is both beautiful and powerful, and she possesses the ability to control the elements and cast spells.
• As Ravi becomes more involved with Mohini and her magical world, he finds himself drawn into a complex web of love, loyalty, and betrayal.
• He must navigate the dangerous politics of the magical realm and make difficult choices that will determine the fate of the island and its inhabitants.
• "Mohini Theevu" is widely regarded as one of Kalki's most imaginative and engaging works, and is known for its vivid descriptions of the magical world of Mohini and its captivating characters. The novel has been translated into multiple languages and has been adapted into a successful Tamil film and a television series.